Dr. Shabiullah Syyed
Consultant Child and Adult Psychiatrist
Dr. Shabiullah Syyed
M.B.B.S M.D. (Psychiatry) Consultant Child and Adult Psychiatrist
- Dr. Shabiullah Syyed is a dynamic, industrious, passionate psychiatrist, who is sound in diagnosing various psychiatric illnesses and bahavioural disturbances encountered by children and adolescents.
- He completed his M.B.B.S from the prestigious K.J. Somaiya Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai. Later, due to his interest in Psychiatry he took up M.D. in Psychiatry from D.Y. Patil Medical College, Kolhapur. He has been involved in several research activities and has delivered several lectures and symposia at various National and International conferences from time to time.
- He is an associate editor of a book titled “Psychometrics for Postgraduate in Psychiatry and Psychology”.
- He has authored several chapters in various books.
- His chapters on the GMHAT – Global Mental Health Assessment Tool was an official publication of the Indian Psychiatric Society.
- He has had many of his research selected by renowned International Institutions and societies for awards and presentations. He is also actively involved in running a Suicide helpline for people in need.
- He feels that it is of utmost importance to identify the warning signs and symptoms in children and adolescents, so that an appropriate evaluation, diagnosis and intervention can be done at an early stage to prevent the formation of a psychiatric illness in the adulthood.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Anxiety, Depression
- Anger management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Smartphone Addiction
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Behavioural Disturbances
- Eating disorders
- Psychosis like schizophrenia
- PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
- Sleep disturbances
- Suicide prevention
- Substance use disorders like Whitener, Vaping, Solvents etc
- Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder
- Life member- Indian Psychiatric Society
- Life member- World Psychiatric Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- WPA’s Young Fellowship Award 2017 at the World Psychiatric Association’s World Congress Of Psychiatry at Berlin, Germany 2017.
- Recognised, selected and presented a Rapid Fire Oral at the Royal College Of Psychiatrist’s International Congress 2019 at London, UK