- This event has passed.
Using OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) for Clients with the Diagnosis of a Muscle-Based Speech Clarity D
March 10, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson is an internationally known speaker on the subject of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT). She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle-based disorders as related to speech clarity and feeding issues. In 1995, Sara founded TalkTools® as a speakers bureau and source for Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) and therapy tools. She has held seminars throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Europe, Australia, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Over the past 40 years, she has worked in public schools, hospitals, private practice and child development programs. Ms. Rosenfeld-Johnson is the author of Oral Placement Therapy for Speech Clarity and Feeding, Assessment and Treatment of the Jaw, OPT for /s/ and /z/, A Therapist’s Guide to Rehabilitative Feeding and Speech Techniques for Teens and Adults, The HOMEWORK Book, the Drooling Remediation Program, and many other educational materials.
This presentation will discuss the importance of a prescribed therapeutic “oral preparatory phase” feeding program used in conjunction with addressing speech development for individuals of all ages with the diagnosis of a muscle-based speech clarity disorder. In addition, it will include OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) activities to address the needs of both children and adults to improve speech clarity.
Practical, step-by-step therapy techniques will be taught to address each of these areas: sensory, feeding, OPT and speech.
This course will also include an interactive, hands-on learning activity.
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson will then perform a live evaluation with a child who fits the criteria for a muscle-based speech disorder. The class participants will then work together with Sara to develop goals and design a comprehensive program plan.
WHO CAN ATTEND
Qualified participants include (but may not be limited to):
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts
- Special Education Teachers
ARTICLES BY SARA
- Using tactile techniques to improve speech clarity in the adult rehabilitative setting
- Variability of tongue-tip placement: acoustically standard production of /s/ cross-culturally
- Sararosenfeld Johnson’s approach to oral-motor feeding and speech therapy
- Connections between tongue placement and dental alignment
- Effective exercises for a short frenum
- Horns as therapy tools
- Improving feeding safety and speech clarity for clients with moebius syndrome
- Oral habits: why they exist and how to eliminate them
- The role of the jaw for feeding and speech
- Speech therapy and occupational therapy: what’s the connection?
- Straws as therapy tools
- The oral-motor myths of down syndrome
- Treatment of children with speech oral placement disorders (opds): a paradigm emerges
To participate in Event Contect:
1002, Block C, Sushant Lok 1, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org https://continuakids.com