Pediatric Physiotherapy Internship Program
Pediatric physiotherapy internship program helps the physiotherapy interns to understand and recognize that children and young people are not just small adults and pediatric physiotherapists require additional specialist knowledge and clinical skills to enable safe and effective assessment and treatment of babies, children, and young people. They learn to treat a wide range of conditions including developmental delay, respiratory, neurological, neuromuscular and musculoskeletal in differing environments, working within their scope of practice.
The internship program shall empower the candidates to perform the assessment and treatment of children with a variety of neurological problems applying constraint induced movement therapy.
Qualities of a Pediatric physiotherapist
- Build positive relationships with colleagues and families and their children
- Being able to capture the child’s imagination
- Provide the best possible service to patients
- Generate positive feedback from patients
The requirement for an applicant
- Be a current physiotherapy student or recent graduate from a physiotherapy course
- Experience working with patients
- Experience with providing people with physiotherapy in a university and/or clinical setting
- Strong interest in paediatric physiotherapy
- Good level of communication skills
Duration Of Internship
Varies from 1-3 months which is guided by Paediatric Neurologist and Developmental Paediatrician and supervised by Senior physiotherapists. It encompasses a mixture of theory and practical hands-on classes so that they can learn about various instruments being utilised at the centre.
Why Continua Kids?
At Continua kids we believe that looking after our employees and providing them with an enjoyable working environment is an important aspect of a successful organisation.
If you are successful in this application process, you will be able to enjoy:
- Working for a growing, forward-thinking organisation.
- Working as part of a holistic multidisciplinary team including psychologists, Pediatric neurologist, developmental Pediatrician, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and
- language therapists.
- Training and professional development opportunities
The conditions which are being dealt with at Continua kids where physiotherapy provides immense benefits are Neuromuscular disorders e.g. muscular dystrophy, acute injury like fractures, sports injury, neurological conditions like cerebral palsy, head injury, congenital disorders like spina bifida, limb deficiencies, orthopaedic conditions like talipes, torticollis, developmental delay, coordination problems and other conditions where mobility is affected.