Continua kids Speech and Language Internship program gives opportunity to gain clinical exposure in department of speech and language pathology especially in diagnosing and managing children with speech and Language disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders, fluency and articulation disorders, hearing impairments and communication disorders. Continua kids being a holistic child developmental centre helps the interns to work in collaboration with other specialities and gives them more opportunities to learn about the role of multidisciplinary care. They get opportunity of case discussion with the doctors like Pediatric neurologist, Developmental Pediatrician, and Clinical psychologist to understand the various aspects of developmental disorders.
Duration of internship Program:
1 month to 6 months and that they get exposure to various pathologies including autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, diagnosis of receptive and expressive language disorder, pragmatic language disorder, hearing deficit, stuttering/stammering. Speech and language assessment for specific language impairment, hearing impairment, cleft palate, language delays, motor speech disorders.
Roles and Responsibility:
- The students need to write at least 3 cases that they have managed and observed in their journals.
- At least one case presentation discussion with one of the doctors
- A regular attendance is maintained with the HR person.
- A certificate of attendance and completion is granted at the end of the internship program.
- The experience also gives them an additional preference of JOB / recruitment opportunities to work after completion of their professional training.
The environment of the centre can be teacher directed lesson in small group or as an individual session with 1:1 program.
The program evaluates expected performance from the candidate, behavior of the candidate.
- Detail history taking
- Clinical examination
- Rapport forming with the child
- Hearing screening (OAE) and (BERA) test
- Speech and language assessment
- Overview of various tools used for assessment
- Making a diagnosis
- Planning intervention and goal planning
- Teach them Behavioral Strategies to assist teaching children with neurodevelopmental disorders
- Importance of use of visual materials
- Monitoring progress
- Parental counselling
Book An Appointment
@ Dr Himani Maam, More than a good doctor, I have the fact that you were a good listener. We are obliged to you for your effective analysis and diagnosis for our son “Sri**n”. First of all, it has eased us from the negative thoughts we had and clarified a lot of doubts. In addition to this it has helped us in taking a focused approach towards the treatment. I am also thankful to almighty that I have been recommended to Continua Kids on time. We got all suggestions and support to make the course correction which was necessary for my son.
Pe*li & Sw**up Pan**rahi