TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Before you give your consent, be sure you understand the information given below. If you have any questions, we will be happy to talk about them with you. You may ask for a copy of this form.
- I understand that I must tell the staff if language interpreter services are necessary to my understanding of the written or spoken information given during my health care visits. I understand that free interpretive services may not be immediately available.
- Please note that Continua kids is a teaching institution, and that persons in training, under strict supervision, may be involved in some aspects of your care.
- I understand that the information I will provide is true, accurate, and complete and that my healthcare choices will depend on that information.
- I will be given information about the test(s), treatment(s), procedure(s), to be provided, including the benefits, risks, possible problems/complications, and alternate choices. I understand that I should ask questions about anything I do not understand. I understand that a clinician is available to answer any questions I may have.a
- No guarantee has been given to me as to the results that may be obtained from any services I receive. I know that it is my choice whether or not to have services. I know that at any time, I can change my mind about receiving medical services at Continua kids.
- I will be given referrals for further diagnosis or treatment if necessary. I understand that if referral is needed, I will assume responsibility for obtaining and paying for this care. I will be told how to get care in case of an emergency.
- I understand that confidentiality will be maintained as described in Continua kids policy.